The Jade Screen Project
As both the Earthsong founders studied and practice Chinese Medicine, we are especially pleased to support this wonderful project using Chinese Herbal formulae to support Covid recovery.
The Aims of the Project
The Jade Screen pilot project has been set up by a group of UK Chinese herbal medicine practitioners in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The name Jade Screen is taken from an 800 year old herbal formula designed to protect a patient from infectious disease.
Jade Screen offers immune-enhancing and anti-viral herbal formulae for people working in the NHS, care homes, and those providing essential support services, that might reduce the risk and potential severity of infection.
Our main aim is to support the amazing work that is being done by front line workers inside and outside of the NHS. We believe that we can make a positive contribution in three areas:
- 1 – to offer immune enhancing and anti-viral herbal formulae for people working in the NHS, care homes, and those providing essential support services, that might reduce the risk and potential severity of infection
- 2 – to provide herbal formulae to support the health and improve immunity of front line workers with suspected COVID-19 who are self-isolating at home*
- 3 – to support front line workers in their recovery from persistent COVID-19 related illness
Our objective is to provide high quality Chinese herbal medicine free of charge to those front line workers who have been affected by, or are at high risk of developing, COVID-19.
- A consultation with an experienced Chinese herbal practitioner
- Provision of quality assured, easy to take Chinese herbs
Both the consultation and the herbs are provided FREE of charge, and no animal products are used in the formulae.
If you would like more information about the Jade Screen Project then click on the following links to find out more**:
* We are not claiming to treat COVID-19, just to support health. Neither the information on this website, nor our herbal formulae, are intended as an alternative to medical treatment or to current government guidance on how to prevent the spread of COVID-19 https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ . We are also unable to offer herbal medicine to anyone who is seriously ill or hospitalised with COVID-19. If you are self-isolating at home with suspected COVID-19 and feel unable to cope, please follow current government guidance and contact NHS 111 for further advice. https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19/
** We are currently run as a pilot project and while funding is available we can only offer consultations on a first come, first served basis to those who are eligible.